Artur Parfenchikov, "PetrSU is not only Science, it is a Functioning Economy."
The Government of the Republic of Karelia hosted the award ceremony for the winners and the prize-winners of the 24th International Exhibition-Congress High Technologies, Innovations, Investments (HI-TECH-2017).
The awards were given by the acting Head of the Republic of Karelia Artur Parfenchikov.
From 14 till 16 March Saint Petersburg’s Expoforum has been hosting the traditional Petersburg Technology Expo in the framework of which took place the 24th International Exhibition-Congress High Technologies, Innovations, Investments (HI-TECH-2017).
The exposition prepared by the Ministry of Economic Development and Industry of the Republic of Karelia featured projects of research and industrial enterprises of the Republic.
Innovative enterprises presented 14 new projects and innovations that raised the professional interest of the visitors of the expo and expert jury under the chairmanship of the head of the scientific and technical expertise of the Interindustry Union for Development of High-Technology Exports and Import Substitution.
Over 100 innovations exhibited at the expo competed for prizes and awards.
Karelian innovative enterprises were awarded the special prize, 4 gold and 8 silver medals for their projects. The small innovative enterprises of Petrozavodsk State University received special recognition.
The first place diploma and gold medals of the “The Best Innovation Project and the Best Scientific and Technological Development of the Year” were awarded to:
1. Vladimir Iliukha, junior research fellow of the Institute of High Biomedical Technologies, and Igor Shubin, associate professor of the Institute of Medicine of Petrozavodsk State University, for the project “The Blood Simulator for Medical and Biological Use SUPER BLOOD”.
2. Anton Kuritsyn, director of the OOO Rybnye resursy, for the project “Continuous Sorting Machine”.
3. Vadim Putrolainen and Vladimir Ignakhin, associate professors of the Department of Electronics and Power Engineering, for the project “Bolometers with MEMS Membranes of Colossal Magnetoresistance Material”.
The second place diplomas and silver medals were awarded to:
1. Oleg Galaktionov, professor of the Department of Technology and Management of Forest Industry Complex of the Institute of Forestry, Mining and Construction Sciences, Oleg Borishkevich and Mikhail Kashuk, the 2nd year students of PetrSU, for the project “Autonomous power supply unit ThermoDelta”.
2. Nikolai Kovalek, design engineer of the Engineering Center of PetrSU, for the project “Cut&FireFight – Multifunctional complex designed to prevent forest fires”.
3. Aleksey Vasiliev and Dmitry Bogdanov, associate professor and the Master Degree students of the Department of Technology and Management of Forest Industry Complex of the Institute of Forestry, Mining and Construction Sciences of PetrSU, for the project “Two-machine system for wood modification”.
4. Sergey Zavialov, director of the OOO Unitronika, for the project “Experimental mobile platform ‘Vepr”.
The second place diplomas and two silver medals were awarded to:
1. Vadim Putrolainen and Vladimir Ignakhin, associate professors of the Department of Electronics and Power Engineering of PetrSU, for the projects “Vector strain sensors based on soft magnetic metallic glass”, “Multifunctional biocompatible nanofibres for biomedical use and bioelectronics”.
2. Stepan Vasiliev, engineer of the Engineering Center of Petrozavodsk State University, for the projects “Superhydrophobic coating on anodic aluminium alloys”, “Sintered metal powders with nanomodified coating for implants and prostheses”.
Diploma for the active participation in Saint Petersburg Technology Expo and contribution to the development of science and industry was awarded to Olga Derbeneva, the head of the Directorate for Innovation and Production, director for Strategic Planning and Development of the Engineering Center of PetrSU.
Artur Parfenchikov congratulated the winners and prize-winners of the 24th International Exhibition-Congress High Technologies, Innovations, Investments (HI-TECH-2017) and said,
"I’m glad to see that every year innovation projects are emerging in Karelia and that they are recognized at significant international forums. It is remarkable that we have young students and postgraduates who become project developers; we have innovative companies that develop new technologies. Creative, engineering enthusiasm flourishes in Karelia. Whenever possible the Government of Karelia supports the innovative work. Our innovation policy is aimed at the creation of an environment to promote innovation. I thank you for your work. I am convinced that future belongs to these achievements. I hope that the status of a Flagship University will give a boost to the development as the principal university of the region. This is an appreciation of the university’s merits. PetrSU is not only science, it is a functioning economy. Developments of the Innovation and Technology of the university and other activities of PetrSU stir interest of our international partners. Your innovations shape the investment appeal not only of Russian but the international market too. And we are happy that our Republic has creative people and teams that are able to compete with the best innovators of Russia and the world!"